Monday, December 12, 2005

A Laugh

Barend laughed for the first time on Saturday. At first I thought that it was only hiccups, but he did it a few times in between them. I was putting him in his cool sling that his dad made. I usually just bounce/jingle him to get him lower in the sling and he generally dosen't like the method I choose. So, I decided to do it this time with some added noises.

"Chuga, chuga. Choo choo. Choo choo." With a little shake of my hips on the chuga part and a little up and down motion on the choo choo parts.

He smiled really big and started to giggle.

I went and told Trav and he told me, "It's probably just because he has the hiccups." And when I did the chugas and choo choos again, Barend laughed. And Trav and I just kept laughing with him.

Whether it was that he was laughing at how weird I was being or that he really enjoyed the chugas and choo choos, I will never know. But, it's a nice change to the fussiness that has taken over his mood lately.

He's getting teeth.....yes he's only three months old, but he's drooling, chewing on his fingers, and has a few little white bumps on designated areas where teeth will one day show up.

He's growing up....Trav and I packed away his newborn outfits and some 0-3month clothes this past weekend. Time goes by so fast.

No comments: