Thursday, December 15, 2005

You Know When It's Time to Relax When.....

You get stuck in your driveway and it only has 1 1/2" of snow on it.

Problem:
1. Ford Ranger, rear wheel drive loaded with 300lbs of sand in the back.
2. Ice build up on the driveway where the wheel paths are.
3. A truck that doesn't like to "go" when it's cold outside.
3. Lack of sleep.
4. A very emotional mother, who couldn't comfort her child this morning due to teething.

Yes, I got stuck in our driveway this morning when trying to go to work. Barend was upset this morning and wasn't eating. Trav had to work at the coop and he takes Barend with him, so I didn't want Barend to be really upset while Travis was driving. That can unnerve anyone. I gave up trying to feed him and handed him off to Trav hungry.

So Trav leaves and I leave maybe 1 minute after he does. Get in the truck put it in reverse. It stalls. Put it in park. Start it. Put it in reverse. It stalls again. It does this one more time. (this generally happens about 50% of the time when I drive it) Needless to stay I get it moving and then there is no traction. I gas it slightly thinking that it's just a little spot that I'm slipping on. It spins and the rear right tire goes off the driveway. Try to pull it forward and then back, but to no avail. Being the super smart engineer that I am, I try to pull forward and make a three point turn at the front of our drive. Too bad our driveway is too small for this type of maneuver. I ended up off the driveway even further and in a snow bank. The snow bank was from our neighbor who was really nice and plowed our driveway. Too bad the pile was right where the truck ended up.

I called into work.

My boss and a fellow employee come and rescue me from my driveway. Thanks Larry and Jeremiah.

I'm finally to the point where I can say, "I'm relaxed."

Oh, did I mention today is our anniversary (5yrs Travis and I have been married). Happy Anniversary Honey!!

4 comments:

Noel Heikkinen said...

Happy A Day.

And Grace got stuck in our driveway yesterday. She came inside and said "Noel, you're gonna have to pull the car in...I am slipping everywhere."

Indeed.

Phoenix Rising said...

Happy Anniversary!

ShannaKay said...

Thanks : )

Tricia said...

Happy Anniversary!!